Content / Document Strategy and Planning
- Consult with stakeholders, e.g. department heads and end users, to define identify business procedures and establish content needs.
- Analyze project requirements to determine types of documents needed.
- Develop content project plans and timelines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, e.g. systems and development staff, to collect and interpret technical information.
- Team with printers and graphic artists to plan layout, graphical elements, and formatting of documents. Ensure final documents are usable and of high quality.
- Establish, communicate, and maintain content standards.
Content / Document Authoring
- Design, research, write, and edit a range of content, including user guides and manuals, technical specifications, training materials, user policies, and proposals, for both print and online media.
- Engineer for online publishing: including links, "accordion" (a.k.a. dynamic or expandable) text, index, table of contents, browse sequence, tab sequence, context sensitivity and SEO meta tags and keywords.
- Edit content written by others to create unified and consistent support documents.
- Provide training where required.
- Maintain currency and accuracy of content assets.
Content / Document Quality Reviewing* for:
- Usefulness & relevance
- Clarity and accuracy
- Influence and engagement
- Voice and style
- Usability & findability